|Q: HOW MUCH IS MACHINE QUILTING? |
Machine quilting is $.01 per square inch for all edge to edge designs (there is a minimum order of $45).
There are no thread colors for one color. Additional thread colors is $2 per color.
Batting is included in the machine quilting price.
Custom quilting is available for $.02-.03 per square inch.
To measure machine quilting cost for your quilt, measure your quilt top and refer to the following example.
80" x 90" = 7200 square inches
7200 x .01 = $72
|Q: WHAT IS THE CURRENT TURNAROUND TIME?|
Current turnaround time is 2 weeks (14 days). If you need faster turnaround time, please inquire about rush fee.
|Q: MAIL IN SERVICE.|
Mail your quilt to:
PO Box 223
Wishek, ND 58495
Please make sure that your package is taped and securely closed. It is also a good idea to place the contents of your package in a plastic bag in case it is expose to the elements during transit.
It is ideal to get tracking for all quilts being shipped. If the quilt you are sending is irreplaceable and very special to you, use signature confirmation and/or additional insurance as you see fit. Rumpelquiltskin cannot be responsible for packages not received.
|Q: HOW TO PREPARE YOUR QUILT TOP FOR MACHINE QUILTING.|
1. Make sure your seams are secure and have been pressed down. Pay extra close attention to bulky seems and try to get them as flat as possible.
2. If the quilt top and backing have a designated top and bottom, please mark them accordingly.
3. Clip any dark threads on the back of the quilt top that could show through a light background.
4. Check your quilt top for any foreign objects - like sewing pins that have been left behind. The Longarm and sewing pins DO NOT mix.
|Q: BATTING & BACKING REQUIREMENTS.|
1. Your quilt will need to be 4" larger than your quilt top on all four sides. Get as close to 4 inches as possible. Bigger is not better in this case, as we prefer not to load a king size backing for a throw size quilt. (Example: If your quilt top is 60 x 70, your batting and backing should measure 69 x 78)
2. Please trim up your quilt back so that is it square and has even edges. This has to be done before it is loaded onto the machine. If we need to do it, there is a $10 fee.
|Q: HOW AND WHEN DO I PAY?|
There is a $50 deposit per quilt needing finishing. Once we have finished the quilting, you will receive an electronic invoice which will need to be paid before we ship or schedule a pick-up.
|Q: DO YOU OFFER A RUSH SERVICE? |
Quilts are completed on a first in, first out basis. However, rush service is available for an additional $65. This will move your quilt to the front of the queue and it will be completed the next business day.
|Q: DO YOU PIECE QUILT BACKS?|
Yes. Send backing with your quilt or select/order backing at Rumpelquiltskin the day of drop off.
|Q: DO YOU OFFER BINDING/FINISHING SERVICES? |
Machine - $24-45 (depending on size)
Hand Stitched - $50-100 (depending on size)
|Q: CAN I USE MINKY, VOILE, COTTON LAWN, DOUBLE GAUSE, ETC. FOR A QUILT BACK?|
You are welcome to use what you like for your quilt back. However, please understand that machine tension can be affected by mixing different weights and weaves of fabric. We will make every effort to ensure it's the best it can be.
|Q: WILL YOU MAKE A QUILT FOR ME?|